Back in 2012 there have been some methods which worked pretty well to gain more backlinks via sharing Microsoft PowerPoint slides. By today Search Engines are much more better in interpreting strategies which looks unnatural, therefore it is important to not ham up.
Follow these steps:
- Take an existing article that you have written and input into a PowerPoint presentation. (If you do not have PowerPoint, you can use the free “Impress” from OpenOffice.org).
- Break your article down into smaller size bites by turning it into a slide presentation. Simply copy and paste your article. It is that easy, and it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Upload your PowerPoint presentation to sites like slideshare.net, slideboom.com and/or scribd.com. First, you’ll need to create a username. If you want to get even more “attention”, then have your username the same as your keyword that you are targeting and wanting to rank for.
- Make sure that you add your relevant keyword ‘tags’ on each of these uploaded sites. This will greatly help so that your presentations will show up in the search results and will get you more traffic.
- Add a comment to your post on these sites, and use your keyword as Your Name in the comment section.
- Bookmark the URL of your PowerPoint slide at each of these properties.
- Lastly (BUT DO NOT FORGET), you want to syndicate your PowerPoint presentations all over the internet. Your username at each of these sites has a RSS Feed. Find your RSS Feed on each of the sites by looking for a RSS icon. Click on the RSS icon, which will bring up your RSS Feed in your browser. Copy your RSS Feed URL in your browser window and submit this feed to RSS Aggregators.
This strategy will take you about an hour to accomplish, but it may has some good benefits and traffic to your sites.